Friday, March 6, 2009

.:Glazed Carrots:.

I got this from my friend, Jeanette's, blog. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to! I thought it was a fun spin on veggies.

Start with however many carrots you need for your family. Cook them as you desire. (We like to steam our carrots in our steamer, but you can also do this stovetop.)

Use 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter.

Mix it in with the carrots. The heat from the carrots should melt the butter and the brown sugar. If the brown sugar looks grainy, you may want to put everything in a pan on low heat to finish melting it.

If you want, you can sprinkle the carrots with dill weed.

The serving size on this is really as big or as small as you'd like it to be!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

We had something like this at our Relief Society Christmas Dinner last year, but it was more of a thick sauce, cooked separate from the carrots and then drizzled on top. Same ingredients, I think. They were yummy, but you do have to like cooked carrots (which I only sort of do). They would at least make your house smell delicious.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Mmmm...I bet it does smell good. And I love cooked carrots, so hopefully I will love this!