1 T packed brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 T beef base
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper
4 lbs pork loin roast
1/2 C water
Juice of 1 fresh orange
Juice of 1 fresh lime
2 T soy sauce
2 T chopped fresh cilantro, or 1 T dried
1. In small bowl combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, beef base, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Brown pork roast on all sides in large cooking pot over medium heat.
3. Reduce heat and evenly coat the roast on all sides with spice mixture.
4. Add the water, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, and cilantro. Heat to boiling; reduce heat; cover and simmer over low heat for 3.5 - 4 hours or until roast is so tender it falls aprt. (can also be put in oven at about 275 degrees).
5. Discard any fat and shred roast with fork, allowing meat to absorb any juices left in pan.
Serve on tortilla shells (we fried corn ones in oil - so healthy!) and top with pico de gallo (or salsa), onions, cilantro, lime wedges, cheese, guacamole, or whatever you like.